Cricut Joy is a compact and budget-friendly device that is beneficial to use for simple cutting and writing purposes. Like any other Cricut machine, you have to set up your Cricut Joy machine too. However, if you do not know how to do that, do not worry; we are here to help you. Get through the whole content to learn the pinpoint procedure of the Cricut Joy setup.
Can You Pair Your Cricut Joy to PC Via Bluetooth?
Cricut Joy includes Bluetooth wireless connectivity to connect to other devices like computers or mobile phones. Below are the steps to connect the Joy machine via Bluetooth.
- Turn ON the Joy machine and then keep it near your PC. (Make sure the devices are not away more than 10-15 feet)
- And then, head to the Device Manager and click on the Bluetooth option. (If your PC does not have Bluetooth, you can purchase Dongle for the connection.)
- After that, close the Device Manager after enabling Bluetooth.
- Then, go to the Start menu and choose the Settings option.
- Next, click on the Bluetooth & Other Devices option.
- There make sure that Bluetooth is ON and select Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- On the next page, click the Bluetooth option and then wait a while to let the computer detect your Joy machine.
- Once you see the option, click on the module name of your Joy device. (You can see below the machine to look for the module name.)
- Finally, the device is paired to your PC and is ready to use.
- Firstly, switch on the Joy machine and place it within the 10-15 feet range of the Mac device.
- To access Bluetooth, go to the Apple Menu and click the System Preferences option.
- Then look for the Bluetooth option and click on it to open its window.
- After that, you need to turn ON the Bluetooth if it is not ON.
- When the Bluetooth is ON, it searches for the Cricut Joy machine.
- Select the Joy name in the available devices and wait for the pair to complete.
- After that, the Cricut Joy device will then be paired to your Mac device.
Can You Connect Cricut Joy to the Design Space App?
Once you establish with Cricut Joy and your PC, you will need to install the Cricut Design space. Here are the steps to complete the Cricut Joy setup with the Design Space app.
- First of all, open the Cricut official website on your PC.
- After that, head to the Apps section and click on the Download button below the Cricut Design Space.
- Once you click on the Download option, the downloading process will begin, and the change will occur on the screen.
- Please wait for the file to download and click on it when the process is done. (You can open the file right from the browser or access it from the Downloads folder.)
- A new window will appear asking you if you trust this downloaded application; choose the appropriate option to declare.
- Next, you will see the installation progress in a new pop-up box.
- When the installation is complete, use your Cricut credentials to sign into your account.
- After the installation, the Cricut application icon will be added to the desktop.
- If you want to create a shortcut right, click on the icon and choose the Pin to Taskbar option.
- In the app, go to the New Machine Setup and follow the prompts to complete Cricut Joy Setup.
Once the machine setup is complete, you can perform cutting or writing on your first project. The process of installing the Design Space is almost the same. So, you can refer to the Cricut website to install the app.
How to Perform Cricut Joy Setup on a Mobile Phone?
You need to download the Cricut Joy App to perform the Cricut Joy Setup. Below is the process to complete the setup.
- For the first step, pair your machine with a mobile phone via Bluetooth.
- After that, go to the App/Play Store on your device.
- Then enter the Cricut Joy App in the search section.
- After that, click on the Download/Get option to begin the download process.
- When the download is complete, the app will be added to your home screen.
- Next, launch the app and complete the setup process.
With the help of the Cricut Joy App, you can create various single-layer designs and cut them with the help of your Joy machine. However, if you like to work on more complex designs, then Cricut Design Space is the best option.
We have tried to cover all the vital information about the Cricut Joy Setup. If you have read the content carefully, you can connect your Joy machine without any hassle if you face any issues on the first try again. However, if you are still unable to complete the setup process take the help of any professional.